Are you interested in going to Japan? Are you going to be moving there soon? Have you always wanted to go? This page is for you!
All about sweating
- Sweatiquette! Part 1: six ways to deal with sweat during a Japanese summer
- Sweatiquette! Part 2: arm guards to onsen, 8 more ways to survive Japan’s steamy summer
- Sweatiquette! Part 3: for when “my sweat is sweating”
Tips on transportation
- Tokyo by bus – raised seats, big bags no no and discount passes
- Tame Tokyo’s transportation options with refillable fare cards
- Tokyo’s Boats: ducking bridges and sea sick romance
- Ticket tips for trains and subways in Tokyo
- The Japan Rail Pass is nice but I want something different
- Shipping Bags – the sweat-free solution!
- Shinkansen (bullet train): more fabulous features
- Online transportation planner – Hyperdia!
- What does the “shin” in train station names mean? (and the Osaka mix-up)
- Convenient features of refillable fare cards
- Tokyo’s trains: love birds, Haneda’s ad, and backyard snooping
- The Japan Rail Pass – what is it and is it the best option?
- Discount shinkansen (bullet train) tickets
- Swivelling seats to silence cars: favorite features of bullet trains
- Narita Airport to Tokyo from helicopter to bus
- Belching heaters, blood type horoscopes & the Yamanote Voice: Tokyo’s Trains!
- Travelling with baby – Part 1: uncontrollable, irrational, ridiculous worry
- Travelling with baby – Part 2: undoing seatbelts in one step
- Travelling with baby – Part 3: tips and discoveries
- Indoor play spaces for young kids in a sweltering Japanese summer
Places to sleep
- Super Hotel Circuit
- Capsule Hotels – try them before they disappear!
- Sleeping in a box: Manga Café as accommodation
- How much does it cost to visit Japan?
- 10 tips for running (slogging?) in sticky heat far from home
- Help! I need a bad fortune!
- Ichigo gari we will go (strawberry u-pick & eat in Ibaraki)
- How many times would you like to pay? Cash and credit cards in Japan and a little Japanese lesson
- Reflections on visiting Hiroshima