Living a mix of cultures can provide exciting (or not) bumps, sighs and headaches. On the flipside, there are more than enough laughs, triumphs and accomplishments to easily push the balance towards the positive.
- Pregnancy in Canada & Japan – raised eyebrows and new traditions
- Rice run – a new perspective
- Rice run – the burden
- Being sick and (cultural?) disagreements on how to get better
- Wedding rings in Japan and that mismatched couple
- A history of language failure and why it’s going to change
- The Rice Crisis – my Japanese husband teaches me why I should care
- Succession planning in a more traditional Japanese family
- Hiking and love in Japan – Mount Shinzan, Akita
- Entering a Japanese company: 1 inane photo, 1 hand-written resume, and a smoke free workplace
- In-laws as parents: adopting for marriage in Japan
- Culture shock and showering toilets
- Countdown to my Japanese family visit!
- Expectations and culture shock
- Marriage, weddings and new beginnings!
- The Map! Tokyo’s transportation network bringing me to my knees